Is your gambling causing harm for you or others around you? The following signs may indicate that someone
is experiencing difficulties with gambling:
- Spending more money and time on gambling than you can afford.
- Finding it hard to manage or stop your gambling.
- Having arguments with family or friends about money or gambling.
- Losing interest in usual activities or hobbies like going out with friends or spending time with family
- Always thinking or talking about gambling.
- Lying about your gambling or hiding it from other people.
- Chasing losses or gambling to get out of financial trouble.
- Gambling until all your money is gone.
- Borrowing money, selling possessions or not paying bills in order to gamble.
- Needing to gamble with larger amounts of money or for a longer time to get the same feeling of excitement or buzz.
- Neglecting work, school, family, personal needs or household responsibilities because of gambling.
- Feeling anxious, worried, guilty, depressed or irritable.
For further advice and support, visit one of these support organisations: